Nick Reiner indicted in murders of parents Rob and Michele as prosecutors add disturbing special circumstance
Nick Reiner has been indicted on charges of murdering his Hollywood parents, Rob and Michele Reiner, with prosecutors adding a series of chilling special-circumstance allegations to the case.
Reiner, 33, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to two counts of murder after the indictment against him was unsealed.
The indictment alleges special circumstances including multiple murders and murder by means of lying in wait. Prosecutors also accuse Reiner of personally using a knife as a deadly weapon.
The filing further alleges that the killings involved “great violence” and acts demonstrating an alleged high degree of cruelty, viciousness or callousness, while describing the victims as particularly vulnerable.

“This was a profound betrayal by someone who was loved and trusted by the very people he is accused of killing,” Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan J. Hochman said.
The grand jury indictment allows the case to move toward trial.
Reiner is accused of fatally stabbing his father, legendary Hollywood director and actor Rob Reiner, 78, and his mother, Michele Reiner, 70, inside their Brentwood home on Dec. 14, 2025.
The shocking killings sent shockwaves through Hollywood.

Reiner was arrested just hours after the bodies of his parents were discovered inside their multimillion-dollar residence.
Investigators have also been examining events leading up to the alleged killings.
Sources previously told The Post that Nick and his parents became involved in a heated argument at a holiday party hosted by comedian Conan O’Brien just hours before the murders.

Nick also reportedly had a confrontation with comedian Bill Hader during the gathering before leaving angrily.
If convicted of the charges and special circumstances, Reiner could face life in prison without parole or potentially the death penalty. Prosecutors have not yet made a final decision on whether to seek capital punishment.
Reiner is scheduled to return to court for a pretrial hearing on Sept. 15.
Reiner fighting over family trust
The indictment comes as Reiner is also involved in a separate legal battle over money from his family trust.
In a petition filed June 8, Reiner sought access to funds he claims he was entitled to receive after turning 30 in 2023.
According to the petition, he was allegedly supposed to receive half of the trust outright at age 30, with the remaining half scheduled to be distributed when he turned 35.

Reiner claimed that repeated requests for the funds had been met with what he described as shifting explanations from the current trustee, including concerns about his ability to manage the trust.
The financial dispute has also become relevant to his efforts to secure legal representation.
Reiner previously retained high-profile attorney Alan Jackson, who later withdrew from the case. He is now represented by the Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office.

For now, the murder case remains centered on the devastating deaths of Rob and Michele Reiner and the allegations that their own son was responsible.
Reiner has pleaded not guilty and remains presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court.
Source: nypost.com
