Former Taylor Farms Executive Accused of Stealing $32 Million to Fund Lavish Lifestyle

Former Taylor Farms Executive Accused of Stealing $32 Million to Fund Lavish Lifestyle
NASHVILLE, Tennessee — A former Taylor Farms executive is accused of diverting more than $32 million from the food company over several years, allegedly using the money to finance luxury properties, personal employees, gambling and other extravagant expenses, according to a federal lawsuit filed by Taylor Fresh Foods.
Brian Thure, who served as president of Taylor Farms Tennessee from 2012 until March 2026, is accused of using his position to manipulate company payroll, vendor payments and expense accounts for personal benefit. His wife, Julie Thure, and two other defendants are also named in the lawsuit.
The allegations surfaced after a 2025 IRS audit raised questions about vendor payments and reimbursement practices at the company’s Tennessee operation. Taylor Farms subsequently conducted an internal investigation that allegedly uncovered fraudulent invoices, unauthorized payroll arrangements and other questionable transactions.
Luxury Homes and Personal Spending
According to the complaint, company funds were allegedly used to purchase a $5.5 million home in Hawaii and a roughly 400-acre ranch in California.
The lawsuit also alleges that approximately $1 million was used to establish an endowment at the University of California, Berkeley, where Thure previously played football.
Other alleged expenses were much more personal. Taylor Farms claims company money paid for a chef, chauffeur, personal trainer, handyman and even an aquarium-maintenance worker.
The company estimates that more than $3 million was spent employing people who allegedly performed personal services for Brian and Julie Thure rather than legitimate work for Taylor Farms.

Alleged $12 Million Contractor Scheme
One of the largest alleged channels for the money was a contractor called MTS Building and Electrical.
Taylor Farms says MTS initially performed legitimate construction work worth about $400,000. The company alleges that Thure later began submitting invoices for work that was either never completed or was not performed by MTS.
According to the lawsuit, many of the invoices were between $35,000 and $45,000, allegedly keeping them below a $50,000 threshold that would have triggered additional corporate scrutiny.
Taylor Farms claims the Tennessee subsidiary ultimately paid MTS more than $12 million.

Company Says Thure Confessed
The lawsuit contains another serious allegation: Taylor Farms claims Thure admitted to the misconduct during a recorded telephone conversation with company representatives on March 16.
According to the complaint, he later left CEO Bruce Taylor a voicemail apologizing for his actions and subsequently acknowledged his conduct in text messages to company representatives. The company says he also discussed spending money on gambling and women.
Those statements are part of Taylor Farms’ allegations in the civil case and will be subject to the legal process.
Thure and the other defendants have been asked for comment on the allegations.

Taylor Farms Seeks More Than $32 Million
Taylor Fresh Foods is seeking more than $32 million in damages, along with restitution, punitive damages and other relief.
The case is a civil lawsuit, meaning the allegations have not yet been proven in court. The defendants are entitled to respond to the claims and defend themselves as the case proceeds.
The lawsuit has also emerged at a difficult time for Taylor Farms, which is separately dealing with a major multistate cyclospora outbreak associated with lettuce supplied by the company. The two matters are separate investigations and should not be confused with one another.
For Taylor Farms, the lawsuit represents an attempt to recover millions of dollars the company says were improperly taken. For the defendants, the coming legal proceedings will determine which of the company’s allegations can ultimately be substantiated.
