Murder Suspect, Who Allegedly Used ‘Multiple’ Aliases, Captured Following 45-Day Manhunt After Victim Found in Shallow Grave

Isabelle Johnson has been charged in connection with the death of Jason Coulthart, whose body was found in a shallow grave with a zip tie around his neck

Florida murder suspect Isabelle Johnson — who allegedly killed a man later found in a shallow grave — has been found and charged after an “exhaustive” 45-day multiagency manhunt.

Johnson, 38, was arrested “without incident” by members of a U.S. Marshals Task Force at a home outside of Cottondale in Jackson County, Fla., at approximately 2:30 p.m. local time on Thursday, Aug. 13, in relation to the death of 43-year-old Jason Coulthart, according to a news release issued by the Walton County Sheriff’s Office (WCSO).

She was located using information developed by the WCSO Cyber Crime Unit, which had been tracking her communications. Johnson was subsequently extradited to Walton County, where the alleged crime took place, police said.

She is currently being held without bond, according to Walton County public arrest records. Johnson is expected to face additional charges, per the WCSO news release.

Chief Deputy Dustin Cosson said in a statement, “After an exhaustive 45 days, Johnson was located not from media coverage or tips, although we are very grateful for them, but through the hard work of our investigators.”


“To every agency that assisted us along the way, we are extremely thankful. Thank you is truly not enough to express our appreciation,” Cosson added.

Authorities said three days before her capture that Johnson was known “to use multiple identities and aliases, including Harley, Jessica Elaine Bowman, Jessica Elaine Thrush, Jessica Elaine Thrash, Jessica Dowdy, and possibly ‘Denise.’ “

The WCSO added that she “frequently moves locations and often convinces others to help her by telling sympathetic stories involving domestic violence or other personal hardships.”

Investigators had also shared details about several of Johnson’s identifying tattoos to help members of the public recognize her, and they offered a $16,000 reward for information leading to her arrest.

Coulthart was initially reported missing to the Niceville Police Department in Florida in late May.


Investigators later received information from an incarcerated individual on June 25 about the potential whereabouts of Coulthart’s remains, and his body was found that evening in a shallow grave in Freeport, located in Walton County, about 20 miles east of Niceville.

According to an arrest report previously obtained by PEOPLE, the grave was covered with concrete, and a black Cadillac was parked over it. A large white zip tie was found around the victim’s neck.

Coulthart was the father of a 20-year-old son, and he grew up in New Jersey, according to a July 17 Facebook post from the WCSO.

“Today, while the search for answers continues, Jason’s parents want people to remember the person behind the case,” authorities said in a prior news release. “Their son. Timothy’s big brother. A father. A friend. Someone who showed up. Someone who made people feel cared for. Someone worth knowing. Someone worth finding justice for.”

Authorities previously arrested five people accused of helping Johnson avoid capture after the alleged homicide, including sheltering her, transporting her, providing supplies and a cellphone, arranging places for her to stay and misleading investigators, a previous release from the WCSO said.

The WCSO did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment on Saturday, Aug. 15. It is unclear whether Johnson has legal representation to comment on her behalf.

Source: https://people.com/florida-murder-suspect-isabelle-johnson-captured-after-45-day-manhunt-12060768