Mom and son among 5 killed in horror shooting spree as hero daughter, 13, ‘clings to life’ after being shot four times

A MOM and her son have been identified as the first victims of a horrifying shooting spree that left six dead, including the suspected gunman.
Her teenage daughter was left in critical condition following the rampage that left bodies sprawled across three different locations in Northern Lower Michigan.

Amanda Everitt, 40, was identified as one of five shot dead by suspected gunman Chad Hickman on August 14

Amanda’s son Eric, 16, was also identified by his grandfather as a victim in the horror shooting spree that spread across three crime scenes

Amanda’s daughter Bella, 13, was shot four times and is in hospital ‘clinging to life’ after managing to call 911 and ID the gunman

Cops named Chad Hickman as the suspected shooter who was later found dead in a wooded area alongside an unidentified female victim
Troopers were called to a home in Lake Township at 11:40am on Friday when Bella Everitt, 13, called 911 about a shooting.
Upon arrival they found the bodies of Amanda Everitt, 40, her son Eric, 16, and that of a 45-year-old male who has not yet publicly been identified.
Deputies found Bella suffering from four gunshot wounds and she was taken to an area hospital in critical condition and is now stable.
On the phone, the terrified teenager was able to identify the man who shot her, her grandfather David Everitt revealed in a Facebook post, calling her a “hero.”
“This world just lost two beautiful people and one is clinging to life,” he wrote.
“My daughter Amanda and her two beautiful children were shot in their home yesterday, Amanda and her son Eric went home to be with God and our granddaughter Bella is clinging to life in a Grand Rapids hospital.
“This is my plea to everyone on this planet to teach their children compassion and kindness not hate and violence so parents and family members do not have to bury their children and brothers and sisters.
“This was a cowardly act by a evil person and I hope hell gives him his due…

The crime scene spanned three areas with bodies found in two separate homes and two others in a wooded area

“God be with you Amanda and Eric and prayers for Bella who while shot 4 times still managed to call 911 and identify the shooter..She is a hero.”
Cops identified the suspected gunman as Chad Hickman, 39, who fled the scene before they arrived, sparking a major manhunt involving aerial and dog units.
They then found a fourth body at a second property in Missaukee County which has been confirmed as that of a 53-year-old man.
Michigan State Police also found the suspect’s vehicle in a wooded area near Caldwell Township and in the woods they located the bodies of Hickman and a 29-year-old woman.
It is not immediately clear how Hickman died, cops said.
“The MSP is asking community members to avoid all three areas so investigators can safely and effectively process each scene,” police said in a press release.
“This situation is heartbreaking for the community and challenging for the investigators involved,” said Lt. Ashley Miller.
“We remain committed to conducting a thorough investigation and will provide updates as new information becomes available.”
The details of the remaining victims have not been released as cops contact next of kin.
Hickman’s ex-wife Katie Frye has taken to Facebook to confirm that she and her children are safe.
She filed for divorce from Hickman in 2023 which was finalized last year, per records seen by Detroit News.
Domestic abuse allegations were made on both sides during divorce proceedings and the judge ruled that the relationship “was marked by significant dysfunction and mutual toxicity.”

Details of the other victims have not yet been released as investigators reach out to next of kin

David Everitt called the gunman ‘evil’ after his family lost ‘two beautiful people’

A motive for the shooting spree has not yet been revealed

Hickman’s ex-wife Katie Frye reassured loved ones that she and her children are safe
Katie had told the court that her marriage “was characterized by control, coercion, and fear.”
Hickman denied all allegations made by his ex-wife and continued to launch attacks at her on social media, including in October when he said, “leaving Katie was the best thing I ever did, despite every evil thing she threw at me. I’ve never been happier.”
Meanwhile, his daughter fired back in a post calling him abusive and “psychotic.”
“You are psychotic man that needs help…You are a horrible person for everything that you have done to us,” she wrote.
In 2024, Hickman was convicted of misdemeanor fourth-degree child abuse and sentenced to one year in jail.
So far, investigators have not publicly discussed a motive for the shooting rampage Hickman is accused of carrying out.
“My thoughts are with the victims, their families, and the Missaukee community,” Governor Gretchen Whitmer said.
Source: https://www.the-sun.com/news/16846976/six-dead-missaukee-county-michigan-shooting-chad-hickman/